PQL’s advanced plasma processes is well suited to deposition onto plastic substrates, supporting the growing field of flexible electronics.
- Deposition onto flexibles (low temperature process)
- Negligible plasma damage to substrates
- Controllable film stress
- Excellent adhesion
- High deposition rate: fast throughput, large area
- Near ideal physical properties: close to bulk
- We have demonstrated deposition of high quality, zero stress thin films of metals, dielectrics, ferromagnetic materials and transparent conducting oxides onto thin plastic sheet,
We are currently developing a prototype system for roll-to-roll coating of thin plastic sheet such as PET – this is expected to provide the basis for our first commercial web coating system.