PQL’s HiTUS process provides substantial improvements in the sputtering of magnetic materials:
- High rate deposition of magnetic materials, including CoFe, NiFe, Co, Fe.
- Excellent adhesion deposited onto glass, silicon, oxides, plastics.
- Low stress films.
- Grain size and thereby magnetic properties control through process modification
- Close to bulk material or theoretical ideal.
- Ability to use thick targets – 6mm normally, up to 15mm so far
Our standard system has been used in multi-target mode to deposit multi-layer GMR films – the capability to repeatedly and reliably deposit identical alternating layers without recourse to thin film monitoring and absence of cross-contamination effects from prior layers has allowed rapid progression of such work.